The Adventures of Rodrigus the Frog

about | contact | T's bio | join | facebook

25 October 2006

Rod hits London again!

I called up Rodrigus at Retha's place where he was staying, and he jumped at the chance to go explore more of the UK. He'd been for a fleeting visit to London with Linda, and was keen to go explore some more.

At the airport on our way to London, we bumped into Bryan, and he and Rod reminisced for a moment about the movies and the tour of Soweto they did together.

Bryan, Rod and Telana

Then a few hours later, we landed in London, and were met at the airport by my brother Charlton who's living in Manchester at the moment with his wife Mandy. I haven't been to London for 7 years, since when I lived there, so we just had to go straight into the heart of London to re-experience all the places I have such fond memories of. First was a bee-line to Piccadilly Circus, where the fountain stank as I remember it did on most occasions, especially when the wind blows a certain way!


Charlton, Rod and Telana

Then we were off to Trafalgar square to sit on the lions, and then to check out Big Ben- (these photo’s to come!), passed the Queen's guards, to Covenant Garden to watch a busker juggling knives.

On our way to Covenant Gardens, we passed the "Simpson's-in-the-Stand" and had a look inside, seeing as though we share a name with this famous collection of grand dining halls and private venues. I think that the next time I am in London, I'll have to try out their speciality of roast Scottish beef on the bone!

After the four or so hours of walking, we headed on about 5 different trains to get to explore Manchester!

...To be continued...

Telana and Rod

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home